deepsea report - trip tomorrow

  • Mitch H
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2002
      Hi Calbirdos,

      I just received an exciting E-mail from an individual who just spent 5 weeks on a cableship
      off of socal (I'd heard they were out there).
      The lucky guy reported Cookilaria Petrels in
      late Oct. and early Nov., and an apparent
      Dark-rumped Petrel on 11/21, all not far out.

      We have chances of seeing these species and more,
      tomorrow, 11/30 on the Condor Express deepwater
      pelagic trip. The seas are forecast for 6' with
      17 seconds (long) interval, and light variable
      winds (little wind wave). Excellent conditions
      for hunting deepwater rarities! Though there may
      be a brief shower, I don't expect it, plus we
      can outrun them in the XP. A good squall line at
      sea is often loaded with birds moving on the
      shock wave....

      There are plenty of spaces so you can call today
      (Sea Landing at 805-963-3564) or show up by
      4:30 am tomorrow to their dock in S.Barbara with
      the cash, check, or credit card, and come along!

      If doing the sort of birding in which one is looking for things like Mottled Petrel, Parakeet Auklet, Red-tailed Tropicbird, Cook's or
      Stejneger's Petrels, appeals to you, please
      join us for what is sure to be a great (and
      not rough) day in the deepwater on the Condor Express....

      With the sets of eyes we have for leaders, and
      the 40 MPH speed of the Condor XP, nothing should
      escape us :):):)!

      www.condorcruises.com
      or
      http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/pelagics

      see ya asea,
      Mitch - Torrance, CA
      Mitch Heindel
      birdfish@...

      http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

      One click access to the Top Search Engines
      http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom