"Monterey Birds" 2d ed. now available

  • creagrus
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15 12:26 PM
      Last night the Monterey Peninsula Audubon Society (MPAS) released my new
      book, "Monterey Birds," 2d edition. It is now available for sale to the
      public. It is a complete revision of my 1985 book "Monterey Birds"
      (which has been out-of-print for 10 years), and is now double in size
      (544 pages), including 16 color plates with 60 color photos. Also over
      50 black-and-white photos scattered throughout the species accounts of
      482 birds, including many vagrants. The book has some 30 pages of
      detailed bird-finding directions throughout Monterey County. Softcover.
      ISBN 0-9615798-2-X. Suggested retail price is $24.95

      Since MPAS has no staff at all, the distribution outside of Monterey and
      Santa Cruz counties is being handled through ABA Sales. They will
      fulfill retail orders at $24.95 or, if you are an ABA member, the ABA
      member discount price is $21.95.

      ABA Sales is on line at http://americanbirding.org/abasales/ or go
      directly to this item at

      ABA Sales can also be reached via
      telephone toll-free at (800) 634-7736
      or fax at (800) 590-2473
      or email at <abasales@...>
      or mail at PO Box 6599, Colorado Springs, CO 80934

      The book is already available at The Bird Feeder in Santa Cruz (where I
      will do a book-signing on Nov. 23 from 1-3 pm) and at The Wild Bird
      Center in Del Monte Shopping Center, Monterey (where I will do a
      book-signing tomorrow, Nov. 16, from 1-3 pm). I expect it will be
      available soon at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Borders in Sand City,
      Thunderbird at Carmel, and other local outlets, plus the Los Angeles
      Audubon Society and Santa Clara Audubon Society book stores, among

      Book stores outside of Monterey and Santa Cruz counties should contact
      ABA Sales in any of the ways listed above for wholesale orders. ABA
      Sales is handling wholesale distribution at the usual standard

      MPAS is offering a limited number of "package" deals to sell a copy of
      the new book with a copy of our "Atlas of the Breeding Birds of Monterey
      County" (1993). Those wishing to take advantage of that package deal
      (just $29.95 for the two-book set, plus tax and shipping) should email
      me directly for details. MPAS is not otherwise fulfilling any retail
      orders of the new book because there are no volunteers to handle that
      volume of orders, so please only email me if you are interested in the
      "package" set. Thanks. If you are simply interested in the new book,
      please order via ABA Sales or your local bookstore.

      I hope you will enjoy this new book. Sorry for the cross-posting,
      Don Roberson