Brown Bin Book

  • MiriamEagl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
      Hi, all!

      Several people have suggested I post to the group exactly what I mean by the
      Brown Bin Book (BBB): that's the California Wildlife Viewing Guide. I've
      always called it the BBB due to the brown binocular sign they use to indicate
      (on the road) the wildlife viewing areas they mention in the book (I'd see
      those brown bin signs at various places long before I ever knew there was a
      book that referenced them!). I think they're terrific: almost every state
      has one, and they're colorful with good descriptions and directions, and I
      discover areas that are never mentioned in the bird guides. True, some of
      the areas are kinda "duddy" (there have been a couple of places that appeared
      to have gone down the tubes habitat-wise), but they're almost always
      beautiful and worth a stop.

      Hope this helps! Take care, and good birding!

      Mary Beth Stowe
      MiriamEagl@...
      San Diego, CA
    • MiriamEagl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
        In a message dated 11/8/2002 12:58:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        eserkin@... writes:

        > Dear Mary,
        > Thanks for the info on the BBB. Can you post to CALBIRDS how one purchases
        > it?
        > Many thanks,
        > Emily Serkin
        > Hayward, CA

        You can get them through ABA Sales (http://www.americanbirding.org/) or LA
        Audubon Bookstore (http://www.laaudubon.org/bookstore/bookstore.html). I've
        seen them other places (like at national park gift shops), but I know these
        two places have them.

        Mary Beth Stowe
        MiriamEagl@...
        San Diego, CA

      • Bruce Deuel
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
          The California version is available at Department of Fish and Game
          offices, also.

          Bruce Deuel
          Redding, CA

          eserkin@... writes:

          > Dear Mary,
          > Thanks for the info on the BBB. Can you post to CALBIRDS how one
          purchases
          > it?
          > Many thanks,
          > Emily Serkin
          > Hayward, CA

          You can get them through ABA Sales (http://www.americanbirding.org/) or
          LA
          Audubon Bookstore (http://www.laaudubon.org/bookstore/bookstore.html).
          I've
          seen them other places (like at national park gift shops), but I know
          these
          two places have them.

          Mary Beth Stowe
          MiriamEagl@...
          San Diego, CA

          Membership and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank email
          to these addresses:

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/