Painted Redstart ad El Capitan State Beach

  • jimmoore91390
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002
      The Painted Redstart is still at El Capitan State Park, North of
      Santa Barbara. I saw it at 1:00PM today near the railroad bridge.
      It was in an Oak Tree to the right of the walking path, just downhill
      from the steps where the path meets the road.

      I wonder if there are two birds. In contrast to the bird Guy Tingos
      saw yesterday, this bird did not appear to have worn feathers. There
      was relatively sharp contrast between its black body and white wing
      patch and red belly.

      As Corrine Ardoin reported it fanned its tail frequently.

      Jim Moore
      Agua Dulce