Re: [CALBIRDS] Mitred Parakeet

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2002
      At 03:09 PM 9/25/2002 -0700, Bill Sauer ESAUER@... wrote:
      >Since the AOU has added the Mitred Parakeet to its check-list I imagine
      >a lot of birders (including myself) would like to know where in Southern
      >Calif. it can be found. I would appreciate any answers.

      The best SoCal resource for parrot finding is
      http://www.parrotproject.org/. Go to the article by Kimball Garrett at
      http://natureali.com/Parrot_Watch_Results.htm for directions to the main
      parrot areas of Temple City. This is a spectacle that has to be seen,
      regardless of countability.

      I live in Toluca Lake (between Universal City, Studio City, North
      Hollywood, and Burbank) near the intersection of Lankershim, Vineland, and
      Camarillo. I have Mitred Parakeets flying by my apartment, but their timing
      is not predictable.

      Good birding,
      Steve <mailto:steve@...> for general use

      10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34:09:23.411 N, 118:21:56.678 W
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22