socal STREAKED Shearwater

  • Mitch H
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2002
      Hi friends and animals,

      All I managed to muster for the LAAS pelagic trip today was a meager, measley STREAKED Shearwater. It was sitting in a group of Pink-foots. We flushed it and refound it several times sitting in with the P-f's over a 30 minute period. This was south of the east end of Sta.Cruz Isl.. VENCO by mainland convention.
      Almost everyone saw it I think, and maybe there
      will be photos, we'll see.

      Near 20 Long-tailed Jaegers were seen, and 5 SoPoSkua, were amongst the "Skua Slam".

      More later..... still rocking.... Try the Oct 12
      or Nov 9 LAAS trips for more fun soon to come...

      Must go lay down.... on my waterbed....

      best all,
      Mitch - Torrance,
      Mitch Heindel