Trip to San Francisco

  • dkonz2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2002
      Hi Calbirders,
      I will be in SF Sept 10 to 16 and will have about half the time to
      bird. Could anyone suggest where I might have a reasonable chance of
      seeing the following species within 2 hours drive of SF (I realize
      some of these might be out of season):
      W. Screech Owl
      N. Pygmy Owl Rufous-crowned Sparrow
      Common Poorwill Black-chinned Sparrow
      Nuttall's Woodpecker Tri-colored Blackbird
      Vaux's Swift Lawrence's Goldfinch
      Ash-throated Flycatcher Hooded Oriole
      Plumbeos Vireo Elegant Tern
      Oak Titmouse Black-headed Grosbeak
      Western Bluebird California Thrasher

      Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
      Dick Konz,
      Sanibel, FL