Buff-breasted Sandpiper on San Clemente Island

  • HeraldPetrel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      Birders

      Robby Kohley and I found and photographed the second record for Buff-breasted
      Sandpiper on San Clemente Island this afternoon. The bird was found at Lemon
      Tank not 10 feet from where the first island record occurred 2-7 September
      2001!

      Other birds of note were Spotted and Solitary Sandpipers, and a single
      Yellow-headed Blackbird. John Brollini found a Virginia's Warbler in the Bar
      Tree last evening. Up to 10 White-winged Doves are at the carwash in Wilson
      Cove nightly.

      thanks

      Brian Sullivan
      Institute for Wildlife Studies