So Cal Birding Game starts today

  • goldengrackle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2002
      Hi all,

      Since announcing my online birding game, "Chaser",
      a couple of weeks ago, the demo version has received
      lot's of play. I thank all who have offered feedback
      and I have made several improvements to the game's
      presentation which should render it more "user friendly".

      The "for real" version will launch at:
      8:00 AM Thursday, Aug. 15.

      http://jabiru.org/chaser/login.jsp

      From that point it will run continuously, at least
      until someone finds all possible birds, which won't
      happen for at least one year. I am open to suggestions
      regarding this.

      The game is quick, easy, strategic and non-commercial,
      and especially for California Birders. It's more fantasy
      than science and there's plenty to raise an eyebrow, but
      there's also a strong correlation with vagrancy trends
      and history which will become more apparent as you play
      thoughout the seasons. The odd "hypothetical' pops up now
      and then to add spice and speculation.

      I hope you give it a spin and have fun playing.
      Thanks, and Good Birding,
      Brad Sillasen
      Ventura County, CA USA
      http://jabiru.org