strange bird

  • laurence taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2002
      I am now going to join the crowd and willingly call my strange bird a mutant house finch. After observing it closely this morning (7-9-02) I can see it not only has some breast striping but also is developing color on the head and breast. The color is a greenish yellow and is the first one of that color I have seen in Santa Rosa although in Fremont CA it was fairly common. The bill and tail are still the same. My thanks to all of you.

      Laurence Taylor

      Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, CA