White-winged Dove at Mountain View Sanitary District

  • logshrike
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2002
      3 August 2002. 0815 hrs. White-winged Dove in Contra Costa County

      While leading a bird trip to the Mountain View Sanitary District
      (accessible from I-680 near Martinez, off Arthur Road), I found a
      White-winged Dove. The dove was perched in a tree for over 10
      minutes, allowing all field trip members to get good, close-up views
      of it through spotting scopes and compare it to pictures in the
      field guides. A Mourning Dove sat next to the White-winged Dove in
      the tree, also allowing for good comparison.

      The White-winged Dove was seen in a tree next to the old parking lot
      near the old buildings at the Sanitary District. Those of you who
      are familiar with the Sanitary District but have not been there for
      a while will see a brand new building as you drive in to the main
      headquarters area. YOU MUST DRIVE PAST THIS BRAND NEW BUILDING TO
      GET TO THE OLD HEADQUARTERS BUILDING AND PARKING LOT to get to the
      tree where I saw the dove.

      Good Luck!

      /s/ John C. Robinson
      "Birding is for Everyone"