Re: [CALBIRDS] Painted Bunting Continues

  • Ed Stonick
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      For those not familiar with Peck Road Park (my humble apologies) here are directions:

      From the north (210 Freeway) exit at Myrtle Ave. in Monrovia. Go south about two miles. Myrtle Ave. becomes Peck Rd. The park is the first right after a traffic light on Clark St. Watch for the colorful new sign.

      From the east (605 Freeway) exit at Lower Azusa Rd. Drive west about 1/2 mile to Peck Rd. Turn right (north) and go about 1/2 mile. The park entrance is on the left. (If you reach the signal at Clark St., you've gone a few blocks too far.)

      On older maps, the park is known as Peck Road Water Conservation Park.

      Park near the restroom. Walk west between the two lakes (now separated due to low water levels). Bear left. The bird has been seen in an area of bright green Dallas grass on the north end of the south lake, about 100 yard east of the channel between the two lakes.

      Regards,
      Ed

      Ed Stonick
      Pasadena, CA