North American Birds Reminder

  • sgloverccc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
      The short North American Birds summer season is over already! Apologies as
      usual to those of you on multiple listserves. Please read the note below
      about Luke Cole handling the second group of passerines this summer.

      August 1, 2002

      Dear North American Birds Contributors,

      Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
      the period 1 June - 31 July to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see
      below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 June.

      IMPORTANT: Luke Cole will be handling the second group of landbirds
      (Thrashers-finches) this season while Don Roberson is on vacation. Please
      send your reports to Luke at
      561 Hill Street
      San Francisco, CA 94114
      luke@...

      Please keep in mind that Glover is responsible for all birds from doves
      through Wrentit, and that this includes such birds as vireos and shrikes.

      PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
      painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most
      cases THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending
      your records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files
      as well as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the
      Regional Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs
      as well. If you have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a
      Subregional Editor, please send records to the Regional Editors below.

      Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill and Tom
      Ryan at:
      H.T. Harvey & Associates
      3150 Almaden Expwy., Suite 145
      San Jose, CA 95118
      or
      sterrill@...

      Records of herons to shorebirds go to Mike Rogers at:
      499 Novato Ave.
      Sunnyvale, CA 94086
      m.m.rogers@...

      Records of doves through thrushes/Wrentit (in the new AOU order, that
      includes vireos and shrikes) go to Steve Glover at:
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin, CA 94568
      or
      Sgloverccc@...

      Records of thrashers to finches go to Luke Cole at:
      561 Hill Street
      San Francisco, CA 94114
      luke@...

      SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

      Alameda
      Bob Richmond
      24650 Amador St. #15
      Hayward, CA 94544
      BRichmondALA@...

      Alpine & Calaveras
      Penelope Bowen
      2035 Ashton Ave
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      PbowenD@...

      Amador
      Mike Robbins
      8700 Elk Ridge Way
      Elk Grove CA 95624

      Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
      Bruce Deuel
      18730 Live Oak Road
      Red Bluff, CA 96080
      bdeuel@...

      Contra Costa
      Steve Glover
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin CA 94568
      Sgloverccc@...

      Del Norte
      Alan D. Barron
      1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
      Crescent City, CA 95531
      flockfinder@...

      El Dorado
      Tim Steurer
      4042 Bancroft Dr.
      El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
      tsteurer@...

      Humboldt
      David Fix and Jude Claire Power
      P.O. Box 4331
      Arcata, CA 95518
      dfxjcp@...

      Kings
      Luke Cole
      561 Hill Street
      San Francisco, CA 94114
      luke@...

      Lake
      Jerry R. White
      P.O. Box 113
      Kelseyville, CA 95451
      grwhite@...

      Lassen, Sacramento & Yolo
      Tim Manolis
      808 El Encino Way
      Sacramento, CA 95864
      ylightfoot@...

      Mendocino
      Bob Keiffer
      P. O. Box 354
      Hopland CA 95449
      rjkeiffer@...

      Merced and San Benito
      Kent Van Vuren
      26 Vista Dr.
      Salinas, CA 93907
      vanvurenk@...

      Modoc
      John Sterling
      Jones & Stokes Associates
      2600 V St.
      Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
      ani@...

      Mono
      Kristie Nelson
      P.O. Box 402
      Lee Vining, CA 93541
      storm_petrel@...

      Monterey
      Don Roberson
      282 Grove Acre
      Pacific Grove CA 93950
      831-373-2566fax
      creagrus@...

      Napa & Solano
      Robin Leong
      336 Benson Ave.
      Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
      robin_leong@...

      Nevada
      Brian Williams
      8200 Turner Dr.
      Granite Bay, CA 95746
      bwcal@...

      Placer
      Ed Pandolfino
      4807 Miners Cove Circle
      Loomis, CA 95650
      erpfromca@...

      Plumas & Sierra
      John "Mac" McCormick
      2351 Filbert St.
      Apt. #102
      San Francisco, CA 94123
      macmc94123@...

      San Francisco (mainland)
      Hugh Cotter
      1219 Broderick St.
      San Francisco, CA 94115
      htcotter@...

      San Joaquin
      David G. Yee
      11707 N. Alpine Rd.
      Lodi, CA 95240
      dyee@...

      San Mateo
      Peter J. Metropulos
      470 Middlefield Rd.
      Atherton, CA 94027
      pjmetrop@...

      Santa Clara
      William G. Bousman
      321 Arlington Way
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      bousman@...

      Santa Cruz
      David Suddjian
      801 Monterey Ave.
      Capitola, CA 95010
      DSUDDJIAN@...

      Shasta
      Bob Yutzy
      P. O. Box 990237
      Redding CA 96099
      boby@...

      Siskiyou
      Ray Ekstrom
      2209 Delphic Rd.
      Montague, CA 96064

      Sonoma
      Ruth Rudesill
      P.O. Box 371
      Kenwood, CA 95452
      rar@...

      Stanislaus
      Jim Gain
      310 Gayle Ave
      Modesto, CA 95350
      STA_Birder@...

      Trinity
      John E. Hunter
      P.O. Box 4483
      Arcata, CA 95518
      jhunter323@...

      Tuolumne
      Kenneth J. Brunges
      P.O. Box 1180
      Columbia, CA 95310
      Fulica@...

      We currently have no regional editors for Fresno, Madera, Marin, Mariposa and
      Tulare Counties. Records from these counties should be sent directly to the
      Regional Editors.

      The Reporting Deadlines are:
      Spring Summer Fall Winter

      Season ends May 31 July 31 Nov 30 Feb 28

      Observer reports to Subregional Editors (SREs)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      Observer reports to Regional Editors (if not sent to SRE)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      SRE reports to Regional Editors
      June 20 Aug 20 Dec 20 Mar 20

      Regional Editors final text to ABA office
      July 10 Sep 10 Jan 10 Apr 10

      PLEASE meet your deadlines so that we can meet our deadlines!

      Please send reports in our preferred order: species, date(s) [including
      year], locale, co. abbrev., number of birds, and observer, and then, on a
      second line, any comments. Please separate these sections by a "tab" (except
      just a space between locale and county abbreviation) on electronic versions
      submitted. Again, here's an example of the correct format:

      Grace's Warbler 12/13/98-2/20/99 Jacks Peak MTY 1 RFT, mob
      A second record for the Region (the first was 6/26/91 at Deer Spring,
      Glass Mt. MNO) which wintered with a large flock of Townsend's & Hermit
      warblers at the very top of Jacks Peak in Jacks Peak Regional Park. Details
      by Tintle and others are enclosed.

      Many observers and Subregional Editors have been submitting their reports
      electronically, either on a diskette or by e-mail. PLEASE submit electronic
      reports if possible. We are trying to maintain an electronic database of at
      least recent records, and we hope to be able to have all old data entered
      eventually so that the entire database will be easily accessible to anyone
      who wants it. Electronic submission of records in the format described above
      makes it much easier for us maintain this electronic database.

      We've heard questions about, comments on, and criticism of our regional
      reports from several observers and SREs. We really appreciate this feedback,
      as it helps us to better represent what is going on in the Region as a whole.
      Please help us correct any factual errors we make, and don't hesitate to let
      us know what you think of the reports.

      Many thanks to all the contributors and Subregional Editors who make these
      reports possible!

      Sincerely,

      Don Roberson, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

      (Middle Pacific Coast Regional Editors)

      Steve Glover
      Dublin

      If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
      institutions, great is our sin. Charles Darwin, Voyage of the Beagle

    • sgloverccc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2003
        Hi all,
        As usual, sorry for the cross-posting!

        Dear North American Birds Contributors,

        Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
        the period 1 Dec-28 Feb to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or
        to the Regional Editors by 10 Mar.

        Please note that the second half of the landbirds, the thrashers through the
        finches, are now in the capable hands of Luke Cole on a permanent basis. Many
        thanks to Don Roberson for years of timely and concise reports as well as his
        steadfast attention to detail.

[...]

        Amador & El Dorado
[...]

        Sacramento and Yolo
        Chris Conard
        2405 Rio Bravo Circle
        Sacramento, CA 95826
        chris.conard@...

        San Francisco (mainland)
        The City: Mark Eaton
        1524 36th Avenue
        San Francisco, CA 94122
        mweaton@...

        San Joaquin
        David G. Yee
        11707 N. Alpine Rd.
        Lodi, CA 95240
        davidyee@...

        San Mateo
        Peter J. Metropulos
        470 Middlefield Rd.
        Atherton, CA 94027
        pjmetrop@...

        Santa Clara
        William G. Bousman
        321 Arlington Way
        Menlo Park CA 94025
        bousman@...

        Santa Cruz
        David Suddjian
        801 Monterey Ave.
        Capitola, CA 95010
        DSUDDJIAN@...

        Shasta
        Bob Yutzy
        P. O. Box 990237
        Redding CA 96099
        boby@...

        Siskiyou
        Ray Ekstrom
        2209 Delphic Rd.
        Montague, CA 96064

        Sonoma
        Ruth Rudesill
        P.O. Box 371
        Kenwood, CA 95452
        bandm@...

        Stanislaus
        Jim Gain
        1721 Candler Lane
        Modesto, CA 95355
        jimgain@...

[...]

        Luke Cole, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
          August 1, 2004

          Dear North American Birds Contributors,

          The summer season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy
          records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 June-31 July to
          the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional Editors by
          10 August.

          Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this
          message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In
          particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species,
          date, etc.

[...]

          Brichmond94544@...

          Alpine & Calaveras
          John Sterling
          Jones & Stokes Associates
          2600 V Street
          Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
          ani@...

          Amador & El Dorado
          Tim Steurer
          4042 Bancroft Dr.
          El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
          tsteurer@...

          Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
          Bruce Deuel
          18730 Live Oak Road
          Red Bluff, CA 96080
          bdeuel@...

          Contra Costa
          Steve Glover
          6526 Conestoga Lane
          Dublin CA 94568
          Sgloverccc@...

          Del Norte
          Alan D. Barron
          1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
          Crescent City, CA 95531
          flockfinder@...

          Fresno
          Gary W. Potter
          2183 Walton Ave
          Sanger, CA 93657
          gwpott@...

          Humboldt
          David Fix and Jude Claire Power
          P.O. Box 4331
          Arcata, CA 95518
          dfxjcp@...

          Kings
          Luke Cole
          561 Hill Street
          San Francisco, CA 94114
          luke@...

          Lake
          Jerry R. White
          P.O. Box 113
          Kelseyville, CA 95451
          grwhite@...

          Lassen
          Tim Manolis
          808 El Encino Way
          Sacramento, CA 95864
          ylightfoot@...

          David Vander Pluym
          1683 Buena Vista St.
          Ventura, CA 93001
          SCRE@...

          Mendocino
          Bob Keiffer
          P. O. Box 354
          Hopland CA 95449
          rjkeiffer@...

          Merced and San Benito
          Kent Van Vuren
          26 Vista Dr.
          Salinas, CA 93907
          vanvurenk@...

          Modoc
          John Sterling
          Jones & Stokes Associates
          2600 V St.
          Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
          ani@...

          Mono
          Kristie Nelson
          P.O. Box 402
          Lee Vining, CA 93541
          storm_petrel@...

          Monterey
          Don Roberson
          282 Grove Acre
          Pacific Grove CA 93950
          831-373-2566fax
          creagrus@...

          Napa & Solano
          Robin Leong
          336 Benson Ave.
          Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
          robin_leong@...

          Nevada
          Brian Williams
          8200 Turner Dr.
          Granite Bay, CA 95746
          bwcal@...

          Placer
          Ed Pandolfino
          5530 Del Rose Court
          Carmichael, CA 95608
          erpfromca@...

          Plumas & Sierra
          John "Mac" McCormick
          2351 Filbert St.
          Apt. #102
          San Francisco, CA 94123
          macmc94123@...

          Sacramento and Yolo
          Chris Conard
          2405 Rio Bravo Circle
          Sacramento, CA 95826
          chris.conard@...

          San Francisco (mainland)
          The City: Mark Eaton
          1524 36th Avenue
          San Francisco, CA 94122
          mweaton@...

          San Joaquin
          David G. Yee
          11707 N. Alpine Rd.
          Lodi, CA 95240
          davidyee@...

          San Mateo
          Peter J. Metropulos
          470 Middlefield Rd.
          Atherton, CA 94027
          pjmetrop@...

          Santa Clara
          William G. Bousman
          321 Arlington Way
          Menlo Park CA 94025
          barlowi@...

          Santa Cruz
          David Suddjian
          801 Monterey Ave.
          Capitola, CA 95010
          DSUDDJIAN@...

          Shasta
          Bob Yutzy
          P. O. Box 990237
          Redding CA 96099
          boby@...

          Siskiyou
          Ray Ekstrom
          2209 Delphic Rd.
          Montague, CA 96064

          Sonoma
          Ruth Rudesill
          P.O. Box 371
          Kenwood, CA 95452
          rar@...

          Stanislaus
          Jim Gain
          1721 Candler Lane
          Modesto, CA 95355
          jimgain@...

          Trinity
          John E. Hunter
          P.O. Box 4483
          Arcata, CA 95518
          jhunter323@...

          Tuolumne
          Steven Umland
          15818 Parkridge Ave.
          Sonora, CA 95370
          sumland@...

          We currently have no regional editors for Madera, Marin, and Tulare Counties.
[...]

          Luke Cole, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, and Steve Glover

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
            March 1, 2005

            Dear North American Birds Contributors,

            The winter season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy
            records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 December- 28
            February to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional
            Editors by 10 March.

            Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this
            message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In
            particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species,
            date, etc.

            PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
            painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most cases
            THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending your
            records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files as well
            as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the Regional
            Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs as well. If you
            have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a Subregional Editor,
            please send records to the Regional Editors below.

            Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill at:

[...]

            Alpine, Calaveras & Modoc
[...]

            Madera
            Jeff Davis
            30705 Pennyroyal Lane
            Prather, CA 93651
            jndavis@...

            Mariposa
            David Vander Pluym
            1683 Buena Vista St.
            Ventura, CA 93001
            SCRE@...

            Mendocino
            Bob Keiffer
            P. O. Box 354
            Hopland CA 95449
            rjkeiffer@...

            Merced and San Benito
            Kent Van Vuren
            26 Vista Dr.
            Salinas, CA 93907
            vanvurenk@...

            Mono
            Kristie Nelson
            P.O. Box 402
            Lee Vining, CA 93541
            storm_petrel@...

            Monterey
            Don Roberson
            282 Grove Acre
            Pacific Grove CA 93950
            831-373-2566fax
            creagrus@...

            Napa & Solano
            Robin Leong
            336 Benson Ave.
            Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
            robin_leong@...

            Nevada
            Brian Williams
            8200 Turner Dr.
            Granite Bay, CA 95746
            bwcal@...

            Placer
            Ed Pandolfino
            5530 Del Rose Court
            Carmichael, CA 95608
            erpfromca@...

            Plumas & Sierra
            John "Mac" McCormick
            2351 Filbert St.
            Apt. #102
            San Francisco, CA 94123
            macmc94123@...

            Sacramento and Yolo
            Chris Conard
            2405 Rio Bravo Circle
            Sacramento, CA 95826
            chris.conard@...

            San Francisco (mainland)
            The City: Mark Eaton
            1524 36th Avenue
            San Francisco, CA 94122
            mweaton@...

            San Joaquin
            David G. Yee
            11707 N. Alpine Rd.
            Lodi, CA 95240
            davidyee@...

            San Mateo
            Peter J. Metropulos
            470 Middlefield Rd.
            Atherton, CA 94027
            pjmetrop@...

            Santa Clara
            William G. Bousman
            321 Arlington Way
            Menlo Park CA 94025
            barlowi@...

            Santa Cruz
            David Suddjian
            801 Monterey Ave.
            Capitola, CA 95010
            DSUDDJIAN@...

            Shasta
            Bob Yutzy
            P. O. Box 990237
            Redding CA 96099
            boby@...

            Siskiyou
            Ray Ekstrom
            2209 Delphic Rd.
            Montague, CA 96064

            Sonoma
            Ruth Rudesill
            P.O. Box 371
            Kenwood, CA 95452
            rar@...

            Stanislaus
            Jim Gain
            1721 Candler Lane
            Modesto, CA 95355
            jimgain@...

            Trinity
            John E. Hunter
            P.O. Box 4483
            Arcata, CA 95518
            jhunter323@...

            Tuolumne
            Steven Umland
            15818 Parkridge Ave.
            Sonora, CA 95370
            sumland@...

            We currently have no regional editors for Marin and Tulare Counties. Records

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
              August 1, 2005

              Dear North American Birds Contributors,

              The brief sumer season has already come to a close so
              please send your noteworthy records from the Middle
              Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 June- 31 July to
              the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to
              the Regional Editors by 10 August.

              Note below that Glover has a new email address.

              countylines@...

[...]

              2940 Turk Blvd.
              San Francisco, CA 94118
              pjmetrop@...