[ADMIN] Posting Photos

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2002
      Hi Calbirders,

      Siobhan asked if she posted her photo correctly. We used to have guidelines
      that worked before Yahoo added the Photo section to the website. Most
      photos are still in the Files section, but I'd like to get them all
      together in the same section. Since Photos is the obvious place, that is
      where they should go.

      This morning, I added a set of photo albums divided by bird families or
      groups of families similar to the folders in the Files section. I then
      moved all the photos already in the Photos section to the appropriate
      folders. Please feel free to create sub-albums if you have a group of
      photos of a single bird or group of birds.

      Yahoo does not show all of a long photo name in the thumbnails, so please
      put the species name first in the photo name, so we can easily find your
      photos. For example, one photo was named "Lassen Co Falcated Duck". That
      name only showed as "Lassen Co..." so I changed the photo name to "Falcated
      Duck - Lassen Co"

      When you add a photo, please answer yes to the question asking if you want
      to send an announcement to the group. This will send an email to the group
      with a direct link to your photo so it can be found easily.

      Now for the minor problem. We have 4 of photos in the Files section which
      should be moved to the Photos section. Unfortunately, there is no easy way
      to do this automatically. Each of us with photos in the Files section will
      have to upload those photos again, and then delete the photos from the
      Files section. I will then go through and delete empty folders in the Files
      section.

      Good birding,
      Steve <mailto:steve@...> for general use

      10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34:09:23.411 N, 118:21:56.678 W
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22
    • Kathy Moyd
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
        I lost my 3x teleconverter for my Nikon Coolpix camera while looking
        (unsuccessfully) for the Painted Bunting Saturday afternoon/evening.
        It is black, triangular shaped. I retraced my steps as much as I
        could remember them, but did not find it.

        Kathy Moyd
        Pasadena, CA

        Kathy Moyd
        kmoyd@...