audubon warblers

  • Toni33et@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2001
      Hello Bird People,

      After reading some of your posts I may be out of my league here
      as I'm just an amateur bird watcher. However, in June of this year I
      happened to see 15 to 20 smalls birds in a large oak tree which grows
      by Cow Creek about 7 miles NE of Redding. I identified these birds
      as audubon warblers. I have never seen them here before. Are they
      rare or have I just not noticed them? They stayed for two days in
      the same location and then were gone. Also for the last two days I
      have had Black-headed grosbeaks at my backyard feeder located about a
      half a block from the River Trail. Any information on warblers would
      be appreciated. Toni
    • MiriamEagl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2001
        Hi, Toni!

        In a message dated 08/06/01 3:06:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        Toni33et@... writes:

        << Are they [Audubon's Warblers]
        rare or have I just not noticed them? >>

        Hardly! Down here in San Diego in the winter you practically step on 'em,
        they're so plentiful! Their incessant "chip"ing is a very familiar sound in
        the suburbs (and everywhere else, it seems)! If you're new to birding, I
        would say you just probably haven't noticed them before.

        Welcome to the "club", and good birding!

        Mary Beth Stowe
        San Diego, CA
        MiriamEagl@...