San Diego Pelagic - Brown Booby, Craveri's Murrelet 06 July 2014

  • Gary Nunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2014
      I hopped on a four hour whale watching trip today 06 July 2014 out of San Diego and managed to find some nice birds out there as well as good looks at 8-10 Blue Whales.

      A subadult BROWN BOOBY appeared circling in the distance just over a mile outside Point Loma but never approached closely to the boat. A little while later, 5 NM west of Point Loma, I spotted a pair of CRAVERI'S MURRELET close by which took flight providing some nice photographs.

      Small groups of Sooty Shearwater here-and-there with ones and twos of Pink-footed Shearwater mixed in also.

      Also aboard was Stan Walens who spotted the booby and murrelets from the bridge deck.

      Some photos of the Brown Booby and Craveri's Murrelets on my blog here http://www.sandiegobirding.com/?p=4254

      ---
      Gary Nunn,
      Pacific Beach