San Diego pelagic - Craveri's Murrelets, 07 June 2014

  • Gary Nunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2014
      I posted to my blog a few photographs of the CRAVERI'S MURRELETS seen off San Diego on 07 June 2014.

      These birds certainly took many of us by surprise by their date of occurrence and in addition we have seen generous numbers of Scripps's Murrelets lately in the area which I think threw us off track as the expected species. Who knows what else is going on this year in the ocean off Southern California, it all seems a bit awry somehow... we are also experiencing an early influx of several thousands of Elegant Terns here for example, which appear to have abandoned Isla Rasa in the Gulf of California.

      Photos of the Craveri's Murrelets shown here http://www.sandiegobirding.com/?p=4212

      --
      Gary Nunn
      Pacific Beach