North American Birds Reminder

  • sgloverccc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4 9:06 AM
      Dear North American Birds Contributors,

      Apologies as usual for those of you getting this on multiple listserves!

      Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
      the period 1 June 2001 - 31 July 2001 to the appropriate Subregional Editors
      (see below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 August.

      We are pleased to welcome Tom Ryan to the staff of Regional Editors, joining
      Scott Terrill in the "seabirds" group.

      Also, please keep in mind that Glover is responsible for all birds from doves
      through Wrentit, and that this includes such birds as vireos and shrikes.

      PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
      painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most
      cases THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending
      your records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files
      as well as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the
      Regional Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs
      as well. If you have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a
      Subregional Editor, please send records to the Regional Editors below.

      Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill & Tom
      Ryan at:
      H.T. Harvey & Associates
      3150 Almaden Expwy., Suite 145
      San Jose, CA 95118
      or
      sterrill@...

      Records of herons to shorebirds go to Daniel Singer at:
      Arroyo & Coates
      500 Washington Street, Suite 700
      San Francisco, CA 94111
      or
      dsg@...

      Records of doves through thrushes/Wrentit (in the new AOU order, that
      includes vireos and shrikes) go to Steve Glover at:
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin, CA 94568
      or
      Sgloverccc@...

      Records of thrashers to finches go to Don Roberson at:
      282 Grove Acre Avenue
      Pacific Grove, CA 93950
      or
      creagrus@...

      SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

      Alameda
      Bob Richmond
      24650 Amador St. #15
      Hayward, CA 94544
      BRichmondALA@...

      Alpine & Calaveras
      Penelope Bowen
      2035 Ashton Ave
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      PbowenD@...

      Amador
      Mike Robbins
      8700 Elk Ridge Way
      Elk Grove CA 95624
      Tsuga3@...

      Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
      Bruce Deuel
      18730 Live Oak Road
      Red Bluff, CA 96080
      bdeuel@...

      Contra Costa
      Steve Glover
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin CA 94568
      Sgloverccc@...

      Del Norte
      Alan D. Barron
      1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
      Crescent City, CA 95531
      flockfinder@...

      El Dorado
      Tim Steurer
      4042 Bancroft Dr.
      El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
      tsteurer@...

      Humboldt
      David Fix and Jude Claire Power
      P.O. Box 4331
      Arcata, CA 95518
      dfxjcp@...

      Kings
      Luke Cole
      561 Hill Street
      San Francisco, CA 94114
      luke@...

      Lake
      Jerry R. White
      P.O. Box 113
      Kelseyville, CA 95451
      grwhite@...

      Lassen, Sacramento & Yolo
      Tim Manolis
      808 El Encino Way
      Sacramento, CA 95864
      ylightfoot@...

      Mendocino
      Bob Keiffer
      P. O. Box 354
      Hopland CA 95449
      rjkeiffer@...

      Merced and San Benito
      Kent Van Vuren
      26 Vista Dr.
      Salinas, CA 93907
      vanvurenk@...

      Modoc
      John Sterling
      Jones & Stokes Associates
      2600 V St.
      Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
      lesserroadrunner@...

      Mono and San Mateo
      Peter J. Metropolus
      470 Middlefield Rd.
      Atherton, CA 94027
      pjmetrop@...

      Monterey
      Don Roberson
      282 Grove Acre
      Pacific Grove CA 93950
      831-373-2566fax
      creagrus@...

      Napa & Solano
      Robin Leong
      336 Benson Ave.
      Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
      leong@...

      Nevada
      Brian Williams
      204 Teton Place
      Woodland, CA 95695-5928
      bwcal@...

      Placer
      Ed Pandolfino
      4807 Miners Cove Circle
      Loomis, CA 95650
      erpfromca@...

      Plumas & Sierra
      John "Mac" McCormick
      2351 Filbert St.
      Apt. #102
      San Francisco, CA 94123
      macmc94123@...

      San Francisco (mainland)
      Hugh Cotter
      1219 Broderick St.
      San Francisco, CA 94115
      htcotter@...

      San Joaquin
      David G. Yee
      11707 N. Alpine Rd.
      Lodi, CA 95240
      dyee@...

      Santa Clara
      William G. Bousman
      321 Arlington Way
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      bousman@...

      Santa Cruz
      David Suddjian
      801 Monterey Ave.
      Capitola, CA 95010
      DSUDDJIAN@...

      Shasta
      Bob Yutzy
      P. O. Box 990237
      Redding CA 96099
      boby@...

      Siskiyou
      Ray Ekstrom
      2209 Delphic Rd.
      Montague, CA 96064

      Sonoma
      Ruth Rudesill
      P.O. Box 371
      Kenwood, CA 95452
      rar@...

      Stanislaus
      Jim Gain
      310 Gayle Ave
      Modesto, CA 95350
      STA_Birder@...

      Trinity
      John E. Hunter
      P.O. Box 4483
      Arcata, CA 95518
      jhunter323@...

      Tuolumne
      Kenneth J. Brunges
      P.O. Box 1180
      Columbia, CA 95310
      Fulica@...

      We currently have no regional editors for Fresno, Madera, Marin, Mariposa and
      Tulare Counties. Records from these counties should be sent directly to the
      Regional Editors.

      The Reporting Deadlines are:
      Spring Summer Fall Winter

      Season ends May 31 July 31 Nov 30 Feb 28

      Observer reports to Subregional Editors (SREs)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      Observer reports to Regional Editors (if not sent to SRE)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      SRE reports to Regional Editors
      June 20 Aug 20 Dec 20 Mar 20

      Regional Editors final text to ABA office
      July 10 Sep 10 Jan 10 Apr 10

      PLEASE meet your deadlines so that we can meet our deadlines!

      Please send reports in our preferred order: species, date(s) [including
      year], locale, co. abbrev., number of birds, and observer, and then, on a
      second line, any comments. Please separate these sections by a "tab" (except
      just a space between locale and county abbreviation) on electronic versions
      submitted. Again, here's an example of the correct format:

      Grace's Warbler 12/13/98-2/20/99 Jacks Peak MTY 1 RFT, mob
      A second record for the Region (the first was 6/26/91 at Deer Spring,
      Glass Mt. MNO) which wintered with a large flock of Townsend's & Hermit
      warblers at the very top of Jacks Peak in Jacks Peak Regional Park. Details
      by Tintle and others are enclosed.

      Many observers and Subregional Editors have been submitting their reports
      electronically, either on a diskette or by e-mail. PLEASE submit electronic
      reports if possible. We are trying to maintain an electronic database of at
      least recent records, and we hope to be able to have all old data entered
      eventually so that the entire database will be easily accessible to anyone
      who wants it. Electronic submission of records in the format described above
      makes it much easier for us maintain this electronic database.

      We've heard questions about, comments on, and criticism of our regional
      reports from several observers and SREs. We really appreciate this feedback,
      as it helps us to better represent what is going on in the Region as a whole.
      Please help us correct any factual errors we make, and don't hesitate to let
      us know what you think of the reports.

      Many thanks to all the contributors and Subregional Editors who make these
      reports possible!

      Sincerely,

      Don Roberson, Dan Singer, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

      (Middle Pacific Coast Regional Editors)
    • sgloverccc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
        December 2001

        Dear North American Birds Contributors,

        Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
        the period 1 August- 30 November 2001 to the appropriate Subregional Editors
        (see below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 December.

        This season we welcome Mike Rogers to the staff of Regional Editors. He will
        be taking over the herons-shorebirds group from Dan Singer who has stepped
        down after a lengthy term of seven years. Dan actually has time to get out
        and bird now so if you run into him you should thank him for all of his
        efforts.

        Also, please keep in mind that Glover is responsible for all birds from doves
        through Wrentit, and that this includes such birds as vireos and shrikes.

        PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
        painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most
        cases THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending
        your records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files
        as well as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the
        Regional Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs
        as well. If you have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a
        Subregional Editor, please send records to the Regional Editors below.

        Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill and Tom
        Ryan at:
        H.T. Harvey & Associates
        3150 Almaden Expwy., Suite 145
        San Jose, CA 95118
        or
        sterrill@...

        Records of herons to shorebirds go to Mike Rogers at:
        499 Novato Ave.
        Sunnyvale, CA 94086
        m.m.rogers@...

[...]

        Don Roberson, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
          March 2002

          Dear North American Birds Contributors,

          As always, apologies to those of you who are getting this from multiple
          listserves.

          Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
          the period 1 December - 28 February to the appropriate Subregional Editors
[...]

          ani@...

          Mono and San Mateo
          Peter J. Metropulos
          470 Middlefield Rd.
          Atherton, CA 94027
          pjmetrop@...

          Monterey
          Don Roberson
          282 Grove Acre
          Pacific Grove CA 93950
          831-373-2566fax
          creagrus@...

          Napa & Solano
          Robin Leong
          336 Benson Ave.
          Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
          robin_leong@...

          Nevada
          Brian Williams
          8200 Turner Dr.
          Granite Bay, CA 95746

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1 12:35 PM
            The short North American Birds summer season is over already! Apologies as
            usual to those of you on multiple listserves. Please read the note below
            about Luke Cole handling the second group of passerines this summer.

            August 1, 2002

            Dear North American Birds Contributors,

            Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
            the period 1 June - 31 July to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see
            below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 June.

            IMPORTANT: Luke Cole will be handling the second group of landbirds
            (Thrashers-finches) this season while Don Roberson is on vacation. Please
            send your reports to Luke at
            561 Hill Street
            San Francisco, CA 94114
            luke@...

[...]

            Records of thrashers to finches go to Luke Cole at:
            561 Hill Street
            San Francisco, CA 94114
            luke@...

            SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

            Alameda
            Bob Richmond
            24650 Amador St. #15
            Hayward, CA 94544
            BRichmondALA@...

            Alpine & Calaveras
            Penelope Bowen
            2035 Ashton Ave
            Menlo Park CA 94025
            PbowenD@...

            Amador
            Mike Robbins
            8700 Elk Ridge Way
            Elk Grove CA 95624

[...]

            Kristie Nelson
            P.O. Box 402
            Lee Vining, CA 93541
            storm_petrel@...

            Monterey
            Don Roberson
            282 Grove Acre
            Pacific Grove CA 93950
            831-373-2566fax
            creagrus@...

            Napa & Solano
            Robin Leong
            336 Benson Ave.
            Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
            robin_leong@...

            Nevada
            Brian Williams
            8200 Turner Dr.
            Granite Bay, CA 95746
            bwcal@...

            Placer
            Ed Pandolfino
            4807 Miners Cove Circle
            Loomis, CA 95650
            erpfromca@...

            Plumas & Sierra
            John "Mac" McCormick
            2351 Filbert St.
            Apt. #102
            San Francisco, CA 94123
            macmc94123@...

            San Francisco (mainland)
            Hugh Cotter
            1219 Broderick St.
            San Francisco, CA 94115
            htcotter@...

            San Joaquin
            David G. Yee
            11707 N. Alpine Rd.
            Lodi, CA 95240
            dyee@...

            San Mateo
            Peter J. Metropulos
            470 Middlefield Rd.
            Atherton, CA 94027
            pjmetrop@...

[...]

            Dublin

            If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
            institutions, great is our sin. Charles Darwin, Voyage of the Beagle

          • sgloverccc@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2003
              Hi all,
              As usual, sorry for the cross-posting!

              Dear North American Birds Contributors,

              Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
              the period 1 Dec-28 Feb to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or
              to the Regional Editors by 10 Mar.

              Please note that the second half of the landbirds, the thrashers through the
              finches, are now in the capable hands of Luke Cole on a permanent basis. Many
              thanks to Don Roberson for years of timely and concise reports as well as his
              steadfast attention to detail.

[...]

              Amador & El Dorado
[...]

              Sacramento and Yolo
              Chris Conard
              2405 Rio Bravo Circle
              Sacramento, CA 95826
              chris.conard@...

              San Francisco (mainland)
              The City: Mark Eaton
              1524 36th Avenue
              San Francisco, CA 94122
              mweaton@...

              San Joaquin
              David G. Yee
              11707 N. Alpine Rd.
              Lodi, CA 95240
              davidyee@...

              San Mateo
              Peter J. Metropulos
              470 Middlefield Rd.
              Atherton, CA 94027
              pjmetrop@...

              Santa Clara
              William G. Bousman
              321 Arlington Way
              Menlo Park CA 94025
              bousman@...

              Santa Cruz
              David Suddjian
              801 Monterey Ave.
              Capitola, CA 95010
              DSUDDJIAN@...

              Shasta
              Bob Yutzy
              P. O. Box 990237
              Redding CA 96099
              boby@...

              Siskiyou
              Ray Ekstrom
              2209 Delphic Rd.
              Montague, CA 96064

              Sonoma
              Ruth Rudesill
              P.O. Box 371
              Kenwood, CA 95452
              bandm@...

              Stanislaus
              Jim Gain
              1721 Candler Lane
              Modesto, CA 95355
              jimgain@...

[...]

              Luke Cole, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3 9:22 AM
                August 1, 2004

                Dear North American Birds Contributors,

                The summer season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy
                records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 June-31 July to
                the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional Editors by
                10 August.

                Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this
                message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In
                particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species,
                date, etc.

[...]

                Brichmond94544@...

                Alpine & Calaveras
                John Sterling
                Jones & Stokes Associates
                2600 V Street
                Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
                ani@...

                Amador & El Dorado
                Tim Steurer
                4042 Bancroft Dr.
                El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
                tsteurer@...

                Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
                Bruce Deuel
                18730 Live Oak Road
                Red Bluff, CA 96080
                bdeuel@...

                Contra Costa
                Steve Glover
                6526 Conestoga Lane
                Dublin CA 94568
                Sgloverccc@...

                Del Norte
                Alan D. Barron
                1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
                Crescent City, CA 95531
                flockfinder@...

                Fresno
                Gary W. Potter
                2183 Walton Ave
                Sanger, CA 93657
                gwpott@...

                Humboldt
                David Fix and Jude Claire Power
                P.O. Box 4331
                Arcata, CA 95518
                dfxjcp@...

                Kings
                Luke Cole
                561 Hill Street
                San Francisco, CA 94114
                luke@...

                Lake
                Jerry R. White
                P.O. Box 113
                Kelseyville, CA 95451
                grwhite@...

                Lassen
                Tim Manolis
                808 El Encino Way
                Sacramento, CA 95864
                ylightfoot@...

                David Vander Pluym
                1683 Buena Vista St.
                Ventura, CA 93001
                SCRE@...

                Mendocino
                Bob Keiffer
                P. O. Box 354
                Hopland CA 95449
                rjkeiffer@...

                Merced and San Benito
                Kent Van Vuren
                26 Vista Dr.
                Salinas, CA 93907
                vanvurenk@...

                Modoc
                John Sterling
                Jones & Stokes Associates
                2600 V St.
                Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
                ani@...

                Mono
                Kristie Nelson
                P.O. Box 402
                Lee Vining, CA 93541
                storm_petrel@...

                Monterey
                Don Roberson
                282 Grove Acre
                Pacific Grove CA 93950
                831-373-2566fax
                creagrus@...

                Napa & Solano
                Robin Leong
                336 Benson Ave.
                Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
                robin_leong@...

                Nevada
                Brian Williams
                8200 Turner Dr.
                Granite Bay, CA 95746
                bwcal@...

                Placer
                Ed Pandolfino
                5530 Del Rose Court
                Carmichael, CA 95608
                erpfromca@...

                Plumas & Sierra
                John "Mac" McCormick
                2351 Filbert St.
                Apt. #102
                San Francisco, CA 94123
                macmc94123@...

                Sacramento and Yolo
                Chris Conard
                2405 Rio Bravo Circle
                Sacramento, CA 95826
                chris.conard@...

                San Francisco (mainland)
                The City: Mark Eaton
                1524 36th Avenue
                San Francisco, CA 94122
                mweaton@...

                San Joaquin
                David G. Yee
                11707 N. Alpine Rd.
                Lodi, CA 95240
                davidyee@...

                San Mateo
                Peter J. Metropulos
                470 Middlefield Rd.
                Atherton, CA 94027
                pjmetrop@...

                Santa Clara
                William G. Bousman
                321 Arlington Way
                Menlo Park CA 94025
                barlowi@...

                Santa Cruz
                David Suddjian
                801 Monterey Ave.
                Capitola, CA 95010
                DSUDDJIAN@...

                Shasta
                Bob Yutzy
                P. O. Box 990237
                Redding CA 96099
                boby@...

                Siskiyou
                Ray Ekstrom
                2209 Delphic Rd.
                Montague, CA 96064

                Sonoma
                Ruth Rudesill
                P.O. Box 371
                Kenwood, CA 95452
                rar@...

                Stanislaus
                Jim Gain
                1721 Candler Lane
                Modesto, CA 95355
                jimgain@...

                Trinity
                John E. Hunter
                P.O. Box 4483
                Arcata, CA 95518
                jhunter323@...

                Tuolumne
                Steven Umland
                15818 Parkridge Ave.
                Sonora, CA 95370
                sumland@...

                We currently have no regional editors for Madera, Marin, and Tulare Counties.
[...]

                Luke Cole, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, and Steve Glover

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
                  March 1, 2005

                  Dear North American Birds Contributors,

                  The winter season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy
                  records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 December- 28
                  February to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional
                  Editors by 10 March.

                  Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this
                  message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In
                  particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species,
                  date, etc.

                  PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
                  painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most cases
                  THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending your
                  records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files as well
                  as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the Regional
                  Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs as well. If you
                  have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a Subregional Editor,
                  please send records to the Regional Editors below.

                  Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill at:

[...]

                  Alpine, Calaveras & Modoc
[...]

                  Madera
                  Jeff Davis
                  30705 Pennyroyal Lane
                  Prather, CA 93651
                  jndavis@...

                  Mariposa
                  David Vander Pluym
                  1683 Buena Vista St.
                  Ventura, CA 93001
                  SCRE@...

                  Mendocino
                  Bob Keiffer
                  P. O. Box 354
                  Hopland CA 95449
                  rjkeiffer@...

                  Merced and San Benito
                  Kent Van Vuren
                  26 Vista Dr.
                  Salinas, CA 93907
                  vanvurenk@...

                  Mono
                  Kristie Nelson
                  P.O. Box 402
                  Lee Vining, CA 93541
                  storm_petrel@...

                  Monterey
                  Don Roberson
                  282 Grove Acre
                  Pacific Grove CA 93950
                  831-373-2566fax
                  creagrus@...

                  Napa & Solano
                  Robin Leong
                  336 Benson Ave.
                  Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
                  robin_leong@...

                  Nevada
                  Brian Williams
                  8200 Turner Dr.
                  Granite Bay, CA 95746
                  bwcal@...

                  Placer
                  Ed Pandolfino
                  5530 Del Rose Court
                  Carmichael, CA 95608
                  erpfromca@...

                  Plumas & Sierra
                  John "Mac" McCormick
                  2351 Filbert St.
                  Apt. #102
                  San Francisco, CA 94123
                  macmc94123@...

                  Sacramento and Yolo
                  Chris Conard
                  2405 Rio Bravo Circle
                  Sacramento, CA 95826
                  chris.conard@...

                  San Francisco (mainland)
                  The City: Mark Eaton
                  1524 36th Avenue
                  San Francisco, CA 94122
                  mweaton@...

                  San Joaquin
                  David G. Yee
                  11707 N. Alpine Rd.
                  Lodi, CA 95240
                  davidyee@...

                  San Mateo
                  Peter J. Metropulos
                  470 Middlefield Rd.
                  Atherton, CA 94027
                  pjmetrop@...

                  Santa Clara
                  William G. Bousman
                  321 Arlington Way
                  Menlo Park CA 94025
                  barlowi@...

                  Santa Cruz
                  David Suddjian
                  801 Monterey Ave.
                  Capitola, CA 95010
                  DSUDDJIAN@...

                  Shasta
                  Bob Yutzy
                  P. O. Box 990237
                  Redding CA 96099
                  boby@...

                  Siskiyou
                  Ray Ekstrom
                  2209 Delphic Rd.
                  Montague, CA 96064

                  Sonoma
                  Ruth Rudesill
                  P.O. Box 371
                  Kenwood, CA 95452
                  rar@...

                  Stanislaus
                  Jim Gain
                  1721 Candler Lane
                  Modesto, CA 95355
                  jimgain@...

                  Trinity
                  John E. Hunter
                  P.O. Box 4483
                  Arcata, CA 95518
                  jhunter323@...

                  Tuolumne
                  Steven Umland
                  15818 Parkridge Ave.
                  Sonora, CA 95370
                  sumland@...

                  We currently have no regional editors for Marin and Tulare Counties. Records
[...]

                • Steve Glover
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 1 11:01 AM
                    August 1, 2005

                    Dear North American Birds Contributors,

                    The brief sumer season has already come to a close so
                    please send your noteworthy records from the Middle
                    Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 June- 31 July to
                    the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to
                    the Regional Editors by 10 August.

                    Note below that Glover has a new email address.

                    countylines@...

[...]

                    2940 Turk Blvd.
                    San Francisco, CA 94118
                    pjmetrop@...