Re: [NBB] July northern CA wish list

  • G. Mugele
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2002
      At 10:47 AM -0700 7/7/02, snorkler@... wrote:
      >A friend of mine is coming out from Georgia next weekend and has the
      >following wish list of lifers.

      Hi Darrell Lee,

      Your friend mentioned he was coming out from Brunswick to visit you
      this month. I was talking to him about birding locales in that area
      at the time. I'd love to show you some of the wanted species in and
      around Sonoma county by since getting back from FLETC I haven't had
      time to bird my own garden.

      I noted that you omitted Blue Grouse from the list, does he have that
      one already? If not Kings Ridge Rd out of Cazadero is a pretty
      reliable place. The area is also potentially good for Vaux and maybe
      the vireos... although I have to admit that I've never birded for
      passerines up there at this time of year.

      Great Grey ought to be findable at Ackerson (sp?) Meadow.... off of
      the road to Hetch Hetchy ...the last left turn from hiway 120 before
      you get to Yosemite.

      A good number of the species you seek are fairly reliable in NE
      Calif..... Lassen, Eagle Lake, Susanville, Honey Lake areas.... are
      you thinking of going in that direction at all? If so I can provide
      more specific information.

      BTW I'm Gerry Mugele from Glen Ellen. If you're inclined, you may
      call my cell at 707 322-5301.

      Good luck out there and please say Hi and thanks for the help finding
      the Red-Cockaded etc. Never did find a blasted Painted Bunting but
      discovered a colony of Grey Kingbirds which was a very big surprise.

      Gerry