continuing Humboldt Gyrfalcon

  • Rob Fowler
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2014
      Hi all,
      I heard from Jason Fredrickson, the ranger out at the Eel River Estuary preserve, that the Gyr was seen by 30+ people this morning.

      Copying and pasting the message from the other day:
      Eel River Preserve is open for birding opportunities by appointment only.  Please contact Dave Erickson at (707) 672-4725 or david.e@... or Jason Fredrickson at (707) 672-4724 or jason.f@...

      Please call in updates on this bird to the Northwestern Calfornia Birdbox (707) 822.LOON or to Northwest Calbird (and eBird!).

      Thanks,

      --
      Rob Fowler
      McKinleyville, CA
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2014
        The bird was enjoyed by many today.  My group saw it kleptoparasitize (love that word) a peregrine.  Word from Jason is that mornings are generally better for seeing it but we were there early afternoon.

        This preserve is owned by a nonprofit organization (The Wildlands Conservancy); please consider making a donation.

        Ken Burton
        Eureka