Fw: [nwcalbird] Little Bunting

  • Ken Burton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2013

      Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 8:19 PM
      Subject: [nwcalbird] Little Bunting

      Folks,

      We arrived at 3:30, and eventually found the little bunting deep in the grassy furrows (associated with a handful of savannah sparrows) on the western side of the road at about 4:10pm. When we first arrived, there was only 1 other birder, just leaving. He suggested that although he (and many others) had mind-blowing, close views earlier that day that the bird hadn't been seen since mid/early afternoon. While we were viewing the bird, a couple from Sonoma and a lone, local birder arrived and were also able to see the bird. Thanks to all for the timely reports and frequent updates.

      Bird ON!

      Shelly Kirn
      Jay Bogiatto
      Chico, CA