Re: [nwcalbird] Little Bunting, update December 18, 2013

  • Rob Fowler
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 2013
      Hi all,
      The LITTLE BUNTING continues today, Thursday 12/19 and was reported to eBird this morning by Eric Pilotte. Refer to previous messages if you don't know where it is. Not sure what time the bird first showed up.
      If you see this bird and see that nobody else has posted about it yet then please feel free to post it here on Calbirds, NWCALBIRD, etc., as I and other locals are not going to be there every day. And remember that you can also see the eBird reports coming in on this bird and others in Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity Counties here: https://sites.google.com/site/northwesterncaliforniabirdtrax/home If you use Internet Explorer for your browser they birdtrax probably won't work for you.

      Also, once again, please report the bird to our local birdbox at 707.822.5666. Thanks to others that have already.

      Thanks and good luck if you try for it!

      --
      Rob Fowler
      McKinleyville, CA

      --
      Rob Fowler
      McKinleyville, CA
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2013
        Was our little Palearctic visitor seen today?
        Please keep those updates coming.

        Thank you,
        Matthew Dodder
        Mountain View, CA

        http://neornithes.wordpress.com
      • Ken Burton
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2013
          Yes, it was.

          Ken Burton
          Eureka

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 19, 2013
            Matthew and all,
            Yes, the bird was seen today. I posted the update to NWCALBIRD and CALBIRDS and it seems to have gone through but for some reason my posts haven't always been going through sialia.com if that is what you were looking at.

            I did also make the mistake of forgetting to edit the subject line so maybe that's what got you wondering?

            The bird was enjoyed this afternoon in the company of Matt Brady, Amy Patten, Dan Maxwell, Joe Morlan, Robbie Fisher, and others. It was also reported in the morning, being first seen around 0805. Same place as previous.

            Photos from today: http://flic.kr/p/isF8RV and http://flic.kr/p/isFbvH

            Rob Fowler
            McKinleyville, CA

            On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Matthew Dodder <mdodder@...> wrote:
            Was our little Palearctic visitor seen today?
            Please keep those updates coming.

            Thank you,
            Matthew Dodder
            Mountain View, CA

            http://neornithes.wordpress.com

            --
            Rob Fowler
            McKinleyville, CA
          • Robbie Fischer
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 20, 2013
              The bird is being seen at 8:30 this morning. Thanks Curtis for spotting it and getting us good views yesterday afternoon.
              Robbie Fischer
              Pacifica

              Sent from my iPhone

              > On Dec 19, 2013, at 9:52 PM, Rob Fowler <migratoriusfwlr@...> wrote:
              >
              > Matthew and all,
              > Yes, the bird was seen today. I posted the update to NWCALBIRD and CALBIRDS
              > and it seems to have gone through but for some reason my posts haven't
              > always been going through sialia.com if that is what you were looking at.
              >
              > I did also make the mistake of forgetting to edit the subject line s
            • Joseph Morlan
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 20, 2013
                A few photos from this morning and yesterday afternoon.

                http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/LittleBuntingP1140761.htm

                On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:36:59 -0800, Matthew Dodder <mdodder@...>
                wrote:

                >Was our little Palearctic visitor seen today?
                >Please keep those updates coming.
                >
                >Thank you,
                >Matthew Dodder
                >Mountain View, CA
                >
                >http://neornithes.wordpress.com
                --
                Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA
                "It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt