MARSH SANDPIPER (?) near north end Salton Sea

  • lehman.paul@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2013
      It is Saturday evening, and I just received photos of a shorebird that
      looks like a basic-plumaged MARSH SANDPIPER that was seen and photo'd today
      by Chet McGaugh and sent to me via Dave Goodward. The bird was in a pond
      that was unfortunately filling up (being filled) in a series of
      ponds--almost all of which are part of gun clubs and thus largely
      off-limits--along Avenue 68 just west of Lincoln Ave near the north end of
      the Salton Sea, Riverside County. I don't know any more exact information
      than that. Obviously there will be a number of folks looking there Sunday
      morning!!

      --Paul Lehman, San Diego

      http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web
    • Robert McKernan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2013
        Attached is a Google view. Corner of 68th and Lincoln. These are refurbished ponds "a duck club" I'm not sure where the bird was found in the complex but this is the location.

        Bob McKernan
        SBCM

        To: inlandcountybirds@yahoogroups.com; calbirds@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2013
          I just received a call from Jim Lomax who said that as of 10 AM this morning (Sunday) the possible Marsh Sandpiper has not been seen near the north end of the Salton Sea.

          John Luther
          Oakland