San Diego pelagic: GREAT and Flesh-foot shear, Tropicbird, Skuas

  • lehman.paul@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2013
      I'll post a more complete list tomorrow, but the highlights of the San
      Diego pelagic trip on Sunday the 13th out to the 9- and 30- Mile Banks were:

      GREAT SHEARWATER: right next to boat 12.3 miles off Pt Loma. Scads of
      photos taken. First record for Southern California, I believe.

      FLESH-FOOTED SHEARWATER: probably the same bird as last week; very good
      views.

      BLACK-FOOTED ALBATROSS: 15 miles offshore; very, very rare in fall in SD
      waters.

      RED-BILLED TROPICBIRD: good views in LA Co. waters.

      SOUTH POLAR SKUA: 2 in SD waters.

      LEAST STORM-PETREL: 30 (all in LA except for 2 in SD)

      --Paul Lehman, San Diego

      http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web