Last San Diego pelagic trip of the year Nov 9

  • Bruce Rideout
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2013
      Our last San Diego pelagic birding opportunity of the year is coming up Saturday November 9, and you won't want to miss it. This is a great trip for late migrants and returning winter seabirds, including Black-vented, Pink-footed, and Sooty Shearwaters, Red Phalarope, Pomarine and Parasitic Jaegers, and Cassin's and Rhinoceros Auklets. Other possibilities include Short-tailed Shearwater, Northern Fulmar, Brown Booby, Black-legged Kittiwake, and Common Murre. Marine mammals can be more difficult to predict, but possibilities include Blue, Fin, and Minke whales, along with Common, Bottlenose, and Risso’s dolphins. This is a limited passenger-load trip, so sign up early. Details at www.socalbirding.com.

      Bruce Rideout
      La Mesa
      (For Paul Lehman and Dave Povey)