Re: Pelicans in Santa Monica Bay

  • Christopher Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25 4:35 PM
      I've observed huge feeding frenzies of Brown Pelicans lately as well and
      was speaking to local fisherman - they said there has been huge schools
      of sardines and mackerels in Santa Monica Bay the pelicans have been
      feeding on.

      Perhaps another contributing factor related to the push north of BFBOs
      this year?

      I believe the "starving" issue in past years were due to domoic acid
      influxes.

      --
      Christopher Taylor
      Marina del Rey, CA