FRNC, Point Loma - Yellow-green Vireo and other birds, 21 Sep 2013

  • Gary Nunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2013
      A somewhat cooperative YELLOW-GREEN VIREO was my best find early in the morning today at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery. It was in the large Ficus tree in the very northeast corner of the cemetery, but sometimes retired to a small eucalyptus tree 50 feet or so away outside the fence. As far as I am aware it was last seen by James Smith, and his birding tour group from England, at 12:25 pm when it was seen flying off north towards the residential area, i.e. a long way away.

      I also managed finally to get some photographs of the TENNESSEE WARBLER that I first located on 19 Sep 2013. It is traveling with a couple of Orange-crowned Warblers and a Warbling Vireo but is not easy to get good looks at!

      I also found my first CLAY-COLORED SPARROW of the fall in the southeast section associating with a large group of Chipping Sparrows. One VAUX'S SWIFT also seen cruising overhead there.

      Photos of the Yellow-green Vireo and other birds on my blog at this link http://www.sandiegobirding.com/?p=3164

      --
      Gary Nunn,
      Pacific Beach