Re: Six Boobies

  • Christopher Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2013
      When I left at 12pm, Steve and Becky Turley had counted SEVEN putative
      Blue-footed Boobies. I was able to photograph three separate individuals
      and in some flight shots, I could see 2-3 Boobies in the same frame.

      Photos here (albeit pretty grainy between the distance and fog):

      http://kiwifoto.com/f/booby_pdr_sep_14_2013

      I received several requests for more specific directions and where to
      park. Take the 90 West from the 405 - exit at Culver Blvd turning
      left/west. Go all the way to the end of Culver Blvd. at the stop sign
      and make a right (Pacific St.) - there is free parking along the street
      and at the parking lot at Del Rey Lagoon (if you can find a spot).
      Otherwise, drive all the way to the end of Pacific Street and park at
      one of the two lots for ~$2/hr.

      I'd recommend walking out to the end of the center jetty, since that
      will put you in closer proximity to the breakwater.

      Here is a satellite view of the breakwater/jetties:
      http://goo.gl/maps/odmia

      --
      Christopher Taylor
      Marina del Rey, CA