La Jolla Cove - Blue-footed Booby (maybe two?), 13 Sep 2013

  • Gary Nunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013
      A lucky day for me at La Jolla Cove!  Embarking on a lunch time plan to look for Blue-footed Booby there I spotted possibly two individuals, one seen close enough for photography.  The first bird appeared semi-distant to the south at 12:18 pm, but flew off strongly southward much to my annoyance.  I then spotted another at 12:38 pm, flying out of the cove to the north of my observation position.  This one circled with pelicans plunge diving, much closer by the kelp, and settled on the water for a while and other birders arrived to take a look.

      Some photographs of the second "closer encounter" posted on my blog at this link http://www.sandiegobirding.com/?p=3030

      --
      Gary Nunn,
      Pacific Beach