Pelagic Trip: Sep 9, 2013

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2013
      Hi, Birders,

      Shearwater Journeys' pelagic trip departing from Half Moon Bay spent most of the day in San Francisco County. Seas were glassy, smooth. Highlights included: 15 SCRIPP'S MURRELETS, 1 MANX SHEARWATER, 3200 ASHY STORM-PETRELS; 18 BLACK STORM-PETRELS; 6 WILSON'S STORM-PETRELS; 2 FORK-TAILED STORM-PETRELS. A FLESH-FOOTED SHEARWATER was in San Mateo County today. We saw most of the fall seabird species. It was an amazing day, as was yesterday. GREAT SHEARWATER in San Francisco County was one of yesterday's highlights.

      Our next trips departing from Half Moon Bay with spaces available are: SEP 16, 22, 28, 29; OCT 6, 27; NOV 16. All trips head to San Francisco County and spend time in San Mateo County.

      Trips departing from Bodega Bay on SEP 20 and OCT 18 have spaces available and cover Sonoma and Marin Counties.

      Finally, our Monterey trips on SEP 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 27; OCT 5, 13, 25 all have spaces. Tomorrow's trip will concentrate in Santa Cruz County.

      Hope to see you out there!
      Shearwaters Forever,
      Debi

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527

      Birding Down Under: SubAntarctic Islands, November 9 - 25, 2014 with Debi