Rare Birds of California Flickr Pool

  • Jamie Chavez
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2013
      Here's the link:

      Many months ago I set up two Flickr photo pools in my area that have proven to be great resources for photographic documentation of rare birds - one each for San Luis Obispo County and Santa Barbara County. Over the many months these pools have been active members have contributed dozens of rare bird images which can be searched for in one location.

      It occurred to me that a state-wide photo pool would be another great source of information because many of the amazing photos that CA birders have in their personal Flickr accounts are spread out all over the place with no real way to locate them, compare them or admire them. The benefit to pooling them is the ability link images at one source and search for them. Examples are these two of Ivory Gull from SLO and Gray Hawk from SBA:

      So, if this is of interest to you and you would like to contribute photos to the Rare Birds of California group please consider joining. There is a "Rules for Posting" description at the About tab if you aren't clear on what is considered rare. Rare is a subjective term so use your best judgment. I have added some of my own to show what would be considered acceptable. Not everyone uses Flickr so if you have photos you wouldn't mind sharing there is a contact address where you can send photos. All photos will be credited to the photographer.

      --
      Jamie Chavez
      Santa Maria, CA