URGENT - Ventura County Game Preserve closed through Jan 2014

  • David Pereksta
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2013
      Hi all

      I have been asked by the management of the Ventura County Game Preserve to inform local birders that, effective immediately, the property is closed to all public visits through the end of the upcoming waterfowl season, which extends through January 2014.  As a result, the field trips that were scheduled by the Southwest Bird Study Group and several local Audubon chapters (Los Angeles, Pasadena, Santa Barbara, and any others we may have overlooked) have been canceled.  Please do not show up at the preserve on the dates scheduled by those groups as entry will not be allowed.  Moving up the closing date for the season is a management decision based on their current needs and is not expected to affect the scheduling of future field trips there starting again in 2014; however, that can change at any time.

      They appreciate your understanding.

      Sincerely

      Dave Pereksta
      Ventura