Upcoming Southern California pelagic trip

  • Bruce Rideout
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2013
      This is turning out to be a great year for Craveri�s murrelets. One of the
      best opportunities to see this elusive species will be our double overnight
      trip on the Grande October 12-14. We still need a number of sign-ups in
      order for this trip to be a go, so if you have been hesitating now is the
      time to commit! These overnight trips are always fun and yield great trip
      lists - we never fail to find something interesting and the camaraderie
      can�t be beat. We'll be covering the 9 & 30-Mile Banks, San Clemente basin,
      and offshore banks. These are also great trips for Guadalupe Murrelet and
      storm-petrels (Black, Least, Ashy, and 3 subspecies of Leach's). Expected
      are Pink-footed and Black-vented Shearwaters, Red Phalarope, Sabine's Gull,
      Rhinoceros and Cassin�s Auklets, and other fall migrants. We also expect
      fair chances for Red-billed Tropicbird, Flesh-footed and Buller's
      Shearwaters, Northern Fulmar, Long-tailed Jaeger, Black-footed Albatross,
      Arctic Tern, and South Polar Skua. This is a great trip for marine mammals
      as well. Details and sign-up information can be found at
      www.SoCalBirding.com.

      Bruce Rideout

      La Mesa