Hummers and Hooded Orioles

  • Jo Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2013
      Thank you all for your info.  I do clean my hummer feeders every time I fill them and I do make my own nectar.  No red dye.  Was wondering if I was stopping them from migrating to somewhere-San Diego.

      Does anyone know anything about "Hooded Orioles" I believe that is what I have.  The Male, very dark yellow doesn't come around anymore but I have 5 females, they are the green/yellowish color.  I'm wondering if the youngsters are brown like a sparrow only with a very long tail. I have one visiting the hummer feeder (which I did bore the holes bigger to accommodate them)  They turn green as they mature and the males turn yellow.  ??  One of the green birds has black on the under throat, I'm wondering if this is a male and will turn yellow.  ??
      Oh also I'm Jo Ann, Robert (Bob) is my husband (he pays the bills)

      Jo Ann Bloomquist
      Arcadia, CA