Fall 2013 Galileo Hill/Silver Saddle Birding Status
Communication with Silver Saddle staff on site as of yesterday
afternoon, Tuesday, August 20, 2013.
Staff were once again VERY PLEASED with birders during the spring
2013 birding period at Silver Saddle/Galileo Hill. They told me they
were VERY APPRECIATIVE of visiting birders taking care of the
concerns of Silver Saddle staff and members. They said they had ZERO
complaints from staff and members last spring regarding birders and
birding. Once again, they welcome birders to Silver Saddle/Galileo
Hill for late summer into early fall 2013 western migrant and vagrant
birding season free of charge within the following guidelines which
were followed so well this past Spring 2013.
Everything remains the same as this past Spring 2013. As a refresher PLEASE...
Please read Galileo Hill/Silver Saddle Ranch & Club 2013 Spring
Birding Status, Expectations, & Requirements...
Continuing as during this past spring 2013 migration birding period...
* birders check in at office all days to sign release form
* early birders who arrive before office staff are present may
bird the grounds, then check in when office opens
* park in main hotel/restaurant parking lot in spaces next to pond
* birding grounds any weekday is OK (bungalow and hotel
exceptions noted below - ask about restrictions the day/days of your
* no formal or large groups of birders on weekends and long
* "a birder or a few birders here and there on the weekend is ok"
* birders stay out of the hotel/motel courtyard
* birders stay away from the bungalows
* birders - do NOT interfere with guests/members in any way
* restaurant open to the public for 5pm-8pm Saturday buffet
dinner; 8am-10am Sunday buffet breakfast
* motel open only to members and sales guests
* during any visit be sure to ask desk staff if there are any
special restrictions the day of your visit
Some birders come to Galileo Hill/Silver Saddle based on ABA's "A
Birder's Guide to Southern California" which does not include the
above guidelines. When birding Galileo please pass on to them the
information above so there is a less likely chance of an inadvertent
action which might lead to closure to birders (e.g.: check-in rule). Thank you.
Happy & Productive Spring Birding,
Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California
24/7 Cellular Phone Number:760-382-1260
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]