Loon

  • Leslie Flint
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2002
      Robin Smith and I were birding in the Mono Lake Basin this last weekend.

      Sunday we observed a loon on Lundy Lake. We think this is a Pacific
      Loon, but since Pacific Loon is listed as extremely rare in winter
      and RT Loon rare in Winter and Spring, we are looking for more expert
      opinion. Attached is a digital photo taken by Robin through my
      Swarovski scope 20x. Opinions welcomed! We also observed it in
      the morning on Monday when it looked much grayer in the morning light
      than these pictures show.

      Leslie Flint