Mono County 8/3

  • D Weber
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2013
      Hi Birders-

      Already decided two weeks ago I would not work on Sat, Aug 3. Read Lomax's report on County Birders (I'm not on County Birders) for Mono County on Friday night and decided that's where I would go, but probably should have gone to Watsonville! At Bridgeport Reservoir drove 1.5 miles up Masonic Rd and got a Juniper Titmouse at 8am right along the road. Another was calling nearby. Had a Hermit Warbler among Black-throated Grays. Down at Mono Lake County Park the Indigo Bunting was 'pitting' loudly in the willows at the east end of the parking lot and provided extremely close-up views. A Rock Wren was on a large boulder at the National Forest Visitor Center in Lee Vining. Ended the county birding with three American Dippers at Ellery Lake dam.

      Dave Weber,
      Milpitas.