Lesser Sand-Plover

  • John Luther
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2013
      Lesser Sand-Plover continued at Pajaro Dunes in Santa Cruz Co this morning, Aug 4.  Jim Lomax, Brian Sullivan and I first saw it at 6:10 AM and continued watching it for about 45 minutes when other birders started to arrive and we left.  This is a private housing complex, but the guard let us in with no problem.  The housing complex is at the west end of Beach Road off highway 101 in Watsonville.  Brian Sullivan has posted an ebird report for this morning.  We walked out the stairs to the beach from the north end of Puffin Lane.  The bird was straight out from the stairs at 6:10 and then moved north in the dry sand.

      John Luther

    • Brian Sullivan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2013
        Hi all,

        Here is a link to the checklist with photos and some poor video:

        Thanks

        Brian

        On Sunday, August 4, 2013, John Luther wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Lesser Sand-Plover continued at Pajaro Dunes in Santa Cruz Co this
        > morning, Aug 4. Jim Lomax, Brian Sullivan and I first saw it at 6:10 AM
        > and continued watching it for about 45 minutes when other birders started
        > to arrive and we left. This is a private housing complex, but the guard
        > let us in with no problem. The housing complex is at the west end of Beach
        > Road off highway 101 in Watsonville. Brian Sullivan has posted an ebird
        > report for this morning. We walked out the stairs to the beach from the
        > north end of Puffin Lane. The bird was straight out from the stairs at
        > 6:10 and then moved north in the dry sand.
        >
        > John Luther

        *Brian L. Sullivan

        eBird Project Leader *
        www.ebird.org