Sierra County Veery

  • Alan Wight
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 11:33 PM
      I looked for the Veery at the SFSU Field Campus west of Yuba Pass over the
      weekend. On Saturday morning (7/20/13) at 9:20 a.m., I heard the "veer"
      call twice then about 10 minutes later heard it four times more. I did not
      hear the song. These calls were heard from the parking lot near the road
      and then from milepost 35.46. I stayed about another hour and did not hear
      the bird again. I returned Saturday evening for about 2.5 hours and then
      again Sunday morning for an hour but never heard or saw anything else.
      Assuming the veer call is diagnostic (it doesn't sound like any other
      species that I'm familiar with), then the bird was still there Saturday
      morning.

      Sorry for the lateness of this post - I just got back to email access this
      evening.

      Alan Wight

      Petaluma, CA