Red-necked Stint (LA River)

  • Steven Tucker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2013
      FYI Richard Barth found a Red-necked Stint in alternate plumage this morning on the LA River, just north of the Willow Street crossing in Long Beach. It has been cooperative and seen by many throughout the day.

      Adam Searcy and I left the bird at 8PM, in the same area others had seen it.

      I'm not very familiar with the area, but for parking, you can drive east over the river on Willow Street, take a left on Golden Avenue, make a left on 26th Way, and then take a right on De Forest Ave. If you park soon after the right onto De Forest, that will give you easy access to the river and bridge.

      Late in the day, the best lighting was from the west side of the river. Check the LACoBirds list for more details.

      Good birding,

      Steve Tucker
      Santa Cruz Island/Ventura

      p.s. Thanks Richard!