Veery continues in Sierra County

  • Dave Quady
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
      Hi, Birders:

      A Veery continued on the evening of Monday 15 July near San Francisco State's Sierra Nevada Field Campus along SR 49. Jon Dunn and I heard it off and on beginning about 6:50 pm, but did not see it. We came closest to seeing the bird after 8:00 pm (does a leaf-shake count?), when it settled into the riparian strip between the highway and the creek at mp. 35.46, just east of the campus's entrance road. There it called vigorously, and delivered about ten song phrases at whisper-strength.

      It was veery nice.

      Dave Quady
      Berkeley, California
      davequady@...
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
        looks like a I left 50 minutes too early yesterday!

        John Sterling
        VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

        26 Palm Ave
        Woodland, CA 95695