Veery NO, Purple Martins in Yuba Yes

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2013
      I made the mistake of trying for the Veery today in Sierra County and discovered that it is gone. Black-backed Woodpeckers and other montane birds were there though. On the way up I found six Purple Martins hanging around a large snag with nest cavities about 1 mile west of the Dobbins Fire Department in Yuba County. There is a large pullout on the north side of the road and the snag is right next to the pullout.

      John

      John Sterling
      VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

      26 Palm Ave