Re: [CALBIRDS] FWD: VEERY

  • Cory Gregory
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 10, 2013
      Another Veery was reported last June in Yolo County as well.

      Good birding,

      Cory Gregory
      Elk Grove, CA

    • Tom Edell
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 11, 2013
        My wife and I camped at Blue Lake in the Warner Mountains yesterday, July 10. We found a pair of Eastern Kingbirds at the northern end of Blue Lake. They were a little west of the boat launch area in the vicinity of the lake outlet. One of the birds was on a nest about 50 feet up a dead pine.

        Tom Edell
        Cayucos, CA

      • John Sterling
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 11, 2013
          This has been the spot where they have bred in the past few years, but this is the first sighting for this year despite several birders visiting the area. So thanks for the report.

          John Sterling
          VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

          26 Palm Ave
          Woodland, CA 95695