Loma Prieta access

  • vdinets
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2002
      Few people asked me for details on how to get to Loma Prieta
      Mountain. Sorry for not including it into the original post.
      Loma Prieta Mt is on the border of Sta Cruz and Sta Clara Counties.
      From Hwy 17 halfway between Sta Cruz and San Jose,
      take Summit Rd exit southeast. After about 3 miles, take left road
      (Loma Prieta Rd) at stop sign, and follow it for 2 more miles
      (steep climb). Bird from "End of Pavement" sign to the actual end of
      pavement and then to the left. Many of the birds here are seen
      crossing the road, so you can include them in two county lists.
      Vladimir Dinets