Re: [CALBIRDS] Finding CA Condors

  • Raul
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2013
      I've had them at north end of Big Sur South of Carmel Highway 1 at Garrapata Trout Farm Rd./Palo Colorado Rd. usually in early morning sitting on fence posts leading towards the ocean w Turkey Vultures. Once te air warms they take off ad soar around and up behind the mountains.

      Raul Roa
      Whittier, Ca

      Sent from my iPhone
      Raul Roa
      Staff Photographer
      L.A. Times Community News
      (Glendale News-Press,
      Pasadena Sun, Burbank Leader,
      La CaƱada Valley Sun)
      iP: 562-652-6484
      http://raulroa.photoshelter.com
      raul.roa@...
      roaemail@...

      On Jul 7, 2013, at 3:00 PM, Nancy Kenyon <NancyKenyon@...> wrote:

      > I received an inquiry from visiting birders from back east
      > who want to see a California Condor here in California....

    • Steve Robinson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
        In April of this year I saw 10 condors at Pinnacles National Park either
        coming in to roost or soaring over the ridge. I spotted all of them from my
        RV campsite on three separate evenings. This campsite is on the east side
        of the park. It's apparently a popular site as the Park Service has scopes
        set up permanently for viewing of the condors.

        Steve Robinson

        Newcastle