PIUTE PONDS WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERSt

  • golfbirdie25
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2013
      Jim Moore just called and reported he has been watching two White-rumped sandpipers at the main lake at Piute ponds this morning 7-3-13 as of 1115 hrs. He has obtained photos and will post later.The birds were spooked by an Avocet and he has been trying to relocate them. Steve Turley Long Beach
    • tgmiko@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2013
        I never saw the last White-rumped Sandpiper, and want to leave early
        Thursday morning 7/4/13, before the ungodly heat kicks in. Who else is
        going??? I'd like to carpool with others.
        Tom Miko
        Claremont
        909.241.3300 cell

        Thomas G. Miko
        Http://www.tgmiko.com
        Claremont 91711, LA County
        Mobile: 909.241.3300
        Home: 909.445.1456
        Other Mobile: 213.471.6001

        "The universe is expanding. This should help with the traffic."- Stephen
        Wright
        Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2013
          At least 4 birders searched, unsuccessfully, for White-rumped Sandpipers at Piute Ponds this afternoon. One person checked the nearby Lancaster Sewage Ponds as well.

          There is not much water in the ponds, and I left feeling that there was little likelihood of the sandpipers hiding at the ponds. They were pretty well covered.

          This does not, of course, guarantee that they are not still present. Your milage may vary.

          Dick Norton
          Topanga, CA

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2013
            Richard et al,
            Here is my concern: the last i.e. the first White-rumped Sandpiper in
            LA County was seen one day, then re-found the next morning, then never
            seen again. What I'm worried about is that I will play it safe and
            stay home Thursday morning "because it's gone" then wind up like I did
            the last time: gnashing my teeth when someone reports it tomorrow
            (Thursday) morning.
            Tom

            Tom Miko
            Claremont, LA County