MODOC CO. July 1

  • Frances Oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 9:02 PM
      Hi All!

      Just returned from a great WFO NE CA trip led by Jon Dunn, Dave Quady, and Ken Able, so thought I would share a few rare Modoc Co sightings from yesterday.

      At the bridge in Adin was a BLACK PHOEBE carrying food. We determined the nest was under the bridge but the phoebe choose not to show us which of the 2 nests it was using.

      While watching the phoebe Pat Bachetti found a female CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER in a willow along the south side of the creek. She managed to snap some good photos for documentation. Unfortunately only a few of us were able to see the CSWA before it flew up river.

      Continuing on to Day, Jon Dunn noticed an adult male PURPLE MARTIN flying overhead. This bird was seen around the intersection of Day Rd & Irma Ln ~ at 1115.

      Not sure how many records there are for any of these birds in Modoc. John?

      A Great trip!
      Frances
      Lodi, CA