Re: [LACoBirds] White-rumped Sandpiper; Piute Ponds, LA County

  • Jonathan Feenstra
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
      We have relocated the White-rumped Sandpiper (or a second one?) on the southern shore of the southern-most Ducks Unlimited pond in the Piute Ponds complex. It certainly does move around quite a bit.

      Jon Feenstra
      La Mirada

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 17, 2013, at 3:47 PM, Jonathan Feenstra <feenstra@...> wrote:

      > We just watched the White-rumped Sandpiper pick up high and fly north away from the ponds lost in the distance. Not to say it can't come back (it got pretty lost getting here in the first place), but it does not augur well. I will post if it reappears before we leave.
      >
      > Jon Feenstra
      > La Mirada
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Jun 17, 2013, at 3:26 PM, Jonathan Feenstra <feenstra@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Dan Maxwell and I are currently watching a White-rumped Sandpiper at the Piute Ponds on Edwards Air Force Base in LA County. It is on the main pond, moving widely between east, west and south shores, at present on the south shore. Conveniently, it is the only peep present.
      > >
      > > Accessing the Piute Ponds requires written permission from Edwards Air Force Base. www.piuteponds.com has the relevant info.
      > >
      > > Jon Feenstra
      > > La Mirada
      > >
      > > Sent from my iPhone

    • tombenson76
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
        I have placed a few photos of the White-rumped Sandpiper from this afternoon on my Flickr page.

        Tom Benson
        San Bernardino, CA

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/40928097@N07/