Re: [CALBIRDS] Red-faced Warbler

  • tgmiko@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2013
      Steve, Everybody,
      I borrowed my wife's pickup truck and am glad that I did. I would have made
      it to the parking area for Bluff Lake in my little car, but not at all to
      the Champion Lodgepole parking area. Access to the Red faced Warbler spot is
      a much shorter drive if you park at Bluff Lake, but they have restricted
      days and hours, while you can park and hike at the Champion Lodgepole
      parking area whenever.
      Well, at least I got Townsend's Solitaire for a year bird!
      I tried owling the length if Highway 38 (I went home the back way), and that
      road is too loud to owl, even when you get 60 seconds of silence between
      cars. I pulled over at 8 different spots and hooted in vain.

      Thomas G. Miko
      Http://www.tgmiko.com
      Claremont 91711, LA County
      Mobile: 909.241.3300
      Home: 909.445.1456
      Other Mobile: 213.471.6001

      "The universe is expanding. This should help with the traffic."- Stephen
      Wright
      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless