hummers

  • prairie5mom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2013
      Hello, I am a birder from SE Wyoming and am visiting family in the Bakersfield area. I am wondering what typical hummers are here. I know I saw an Anna's hummingbird but I also saw another larger hummer. It had a white supercillum with a dark line through and a bit under the eye. It had a fairly long, straight bill. The wings were even with the tail. I only saw it fairly briefly so I did not get a good look at the tail. Only large hummer is a magnificent but since it doesn't seem that has been seen here I am doubting that. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Judi